[IRPCoalition] Personal update - Moving on from Access

Jochai Ben-Avie jochai at accessnow.org
Fri Jan 30 21:43:01 EET 2015

Dear IRPers,

Apologies for cross-posting, I'm going to be hitting a lot of lists with
this announcement today:

I wanted to let you know that after nearly five incredible years today will
be my last day at Access. I'll be moving to San Francisco to join Mozilla
as their new Internet Policy Manager. I start February 9th and my new email
address will likely be jochai at mozilla.com.

As you can imagine, I’m both excited to start working with the awesome team
at Mozilla, and at the same time, I will sorely miss being a part of the
great policy, advocacy, and tech work Access does in this space. But I
won’t be going too far! Indeed, I will remain involved in many of the same
issues and I look forward to continuing to work with many of you in my new
position.

Peter Micek, who many of you know, will continue to be Access' lead on our
Business & Human Rights initiatives and will be Access' new liaison to ICAR.

This also means that my former job is now open for the right person. As
Policy Director, you will craft the policy direction of the organization,
work alongside some of the smartest and most dedicated wonks, lawyers,
advocates, hackers, and technologists in the world, and join the leadership
of a fast-growing global organization.

The full job description can be found here:
https://www.accessnow.org/about/jobs#Policy_Director

I encourage you to share with your networks, or reach out if you have any
questions!

Cheers,
Jochai

--

Jochai Ben-Avie
Policy Director

tel: +1-347-806-9531
PGP: 0xB70FB59C
Fingerprint: D13F C6BD 5C31 3D9B 870E 0563 386B CBEB B70F B59C