[IRPCoalition] [RedLatAm] [bestbits] WhatsApp Blockage in Brazil - what do we know

Javier Pallero javier at accessnow.org
Thu Dec 17 19:13:41 EET 2015

Good news!
The judge issuing the preliminary injunction to restore whatsapp considered
disproportionality as a problem.
http://www.gazetadopovo.com.br/tecnologia/desembargador-libera-acesso-ao-whatsapp-em-todo-o-pais-9wdkje9590dc3io35v0vpaspi

Now, the main action is going to the Court of Appeals (so the matter of the
blocking sanction is not solved yet) It will be solved around February,
since tomorrow is the last working day of the brazilian judiciary for the
year.

We are putting together a post. I will share it as soon as it is ready.

---

*Javier Pallero*

Policy Analyst / Analista de Politicas
Access Now | accessnow.org

PGP 0xEBFD028A
Fingerprint 0503 FBA1 10B2 B83C 61FC FE3B 4E7E EBDD EBFD 028A

*Participe de RightsCon Silicon Valley, del 30 de Marzo al 1 de Abril de
2016: rightscon.org <https://www.rightscon.org/>*