[IRPCoalition] [governance] RE: [bestbits] Time-sensitive: 24 hour sign on period for ITU Plenipot joint recommendations

parminder parminder at itforchange.net
Fri Oct 24 17:16:27 EEST 2014

On Friday 24 October 2014 07:25 PM, Suresh Ramasubramanian wrote:

> Does that mean 'people who step up to do real work'? That would be
> stakeholders.
>
> There are other steakholders who don't have any sweat or other equity
> invested in a process but still demand a stake..

All

In fact, the above is a very good, if somewhat inadvertent, description
of the neolib approach to governance that the IG style multistakeholder-
ism embodies.

Those who 'really contribute'  - read, the rich and the able - get to
vote, and the free riders - read, the poor and the unwashed - do not
count...

One obviously  cannot directly say in this age that rich will vote and
control governance and poor do not deserve a role or a vote... Instead
of speaking of their poverty, it is their inabilities that get spoken of
(which is considered the cause of their poverty). And if those who do
not have the 'ability' are given a role in governance, they will only
use to extract what is deserving not theirs. This is social darwinism, a
well known doctrine of neolibs.

parminder