[IRPCoalition] [bestbits] [governance] Re: [JNC - Forum] Time-sensitive: 24 hour sign on period for ITUPlenipot joint recommendations

michael gurstein gurstein at gmail.com
Thu Oct 23 21:44:50 EEST 2014

Jeremy,

You and others keep attempting to propagate the completely  erroneous meme that the division is between "statists" and "MSist" when in fact the division is between those who believe in democracy as the basis of governance and those who believe in governance by self-appointed elites errr... MSism.

I/we have no more sympathy with corrupt and non-democratic governmental systems than you or anyone else.  But replacing the anchoring of public policy in a framework of democracy by turning it over to unaccountable and non-transparent government by corporates, their governmental allies and whoever else they happen to invite to the table is hardly a useful substitute.

I think the more useful way forward than engaging in these types of slanging matches is to begin working towards effective accountable democratic governance structures and modalities for the age of the Internet.