[IRPCoalition] IMPORTANT: IRPC STEERING COMMITTEE ELECTIONS PROCESS

shaila mistry shailam at yahoo.com
Mon Oct 13 01:17:51 EEST 2014

Hi Robert and Marianne

I am resending an amended blurb for nomination for steering committee. It Includes my experience outside of internet governance and IGF
Also Max, Paminder and Lourna have backed my nomination. Many thanks to them.
Many thanks to you both for all that you do as Chairs. Not an easy job !

_____________________________________________________________________________________________________________

I am founder and president
of STEM Institute, a C-level consulting firm advisor to organizational leaders
to influence change and create new horizons and growth opportunities through insightful
analysis, innovative strategic planning, leadership management, advocacy,
policy, and organization building.

Co currently, I am co-founder
and president of Jayco MMI Inc. a 25-year old technology company that
innovates, designs and manufactures user interfaces technology.  Previously I was , Advisor to Borough Council on
South Asian Communities; and Prior Employment Laws Advisor to EOC.

My strength is my diverse
knowledge and experience of private and public sector, academia, and
government. My experience is a synthesis that cuts across the diverse sectors
of culture, belief systems , community and governance and economy.  My life’s passion is to impact change from
the inner core outwards. Creating a unique platform for dialogue in levels and
depth that has not been thought of before. I have held/ hold leadership in
several capacities including  at UN committees
and Caucus in the Commission on Status of Women,  Public Policy Director  NAWBO  ,
founder and  Next Generation Convener  for IFUW; International relational
advisor  for AAUW;  Instrumental in passing legislation on anti-Trafficking
;  Commissioner at City of Placentia,
Chair Social Services Commission Borough Council.

I am passionate about
human rights and the internet and would like to nominate myself to serve on the
IRPC Steering Committee. (On sabbatical this past year) I understand the
procedures of IGF and am able to speak at the forum and present salient points
with conviction and knowledge. My commitment to Human rights and the Internet is
demonstrated by my involvement as summarized below. I have a background of
collaborating across all partners in private and public sector, academia and
governmental agencies and NGO’s. In the coming future I see IRPC playing a key
role in shaping policy of Internet governance.

My experience is as follows.
	1. Founder member on the original Bill of Rights  2006 coalition and subsequently IRPC
	2. Served on the IG Appeals Committee
	3. Served on and IG Nominations committee
	4. Active since the WSIS days and have presented papers.
	5. Attended several IGF‘s including Vilnius and Hyderabad and Athens.
	6. Collaborated and jointly authored the Bill of Human Rights and the internet.
	7. Collaborated and jointly authored of the Ten Principles.
	8. Participate actively in IRPC online “conversations”
 I have good access to internet and
am able to respond promptly to emails. As an SC member I would like to work
more in a policy influencing role, collaborate on opinion /expert documents and
am happy to represent IRPC at other agencies and create awareness and support
for our work.

Shaila Rao
Mistry MA MA MS MSW Fellow

President
StemInstitute
Transforming Ideals into Action    www.stem-institute.org              951 738 2000

President
JAYCOMMI
Input Technology With A Human Touch

www.jaycopanels.com
Tel: 951 738 2000

MWOSB

The journey begins sooner than you anticipate !
..................... the renaissance of composure !

is it possible to support both Hanane's and Shaila's candidature? :)

I back Shaila too... thanks, parminder

>On Friday 10 October 2014 11:23 PM, Max Senges wrote:
>
>Hello everybody,
>>Allow me to support Shaila's candidature for the steering committee. She was a very effective and committed steering committee member back when I was co-chair and I understand she is dedicated to contribute to and co-lead IRPs development in the upcoming years.
>>Greetings
>>Max
>>On Sep 29, 2014 4:48 PM, "shaila mistry" <shailam at yahoo.com> wrote:
>>

>>>I am passionate about human rights and the internet and would like to nominate myself to serve on the IRPC Steering Committee. (On sabbatical this past year) I understand the procedures of IGF and am able to speak at the forum and present salient points with conviction and knowledge. My commitment to Human rights and the Internet is demonstrated by my involvement as summarized below. I have a background of collaborating across all partners in private and public sector, academia and governmental agencies and NGO' s. In the coming future I see IRPC playing a key role in shaping policy of Internet governance.
>>>
>>>My experience is as follows.
>>>
>>>	1. Founder member on the original Bill of Rights  2006 coalition and subsequently IRPC
>>>	2. Served on the IG Appeals Committee
>>>	3. Served on and IG Nominations committee
>>>	4. Active since the WSIS days and have presented papers.
>>>	5. Attended several IGF‘s including Vilnius and Hyderabad and Athens.
>>>	6. Collaborated and jointly authored the Bill of Human Rights and the internet.
>>>	7. Collaborated and jointly authored of the Ten Principles.
>>>	8. Participate actively in IRPC online “conversations”
>>> I have good access to internet and am able to respond promptly to emails. As an SC member I would like to work more in a policy influencing role, collaborate on  opinion /expert documents  and am happy to represent IRPC at other agencies and create awareness and support for our work.
>>>
>>>Look forward to being part of the team.
>>>

>>>Shaila Rao Mistry
>>>

>>>President
>>>StemInstitute
>>>Transforming Ideals into Action       www.stem-institute.org
>>>951 738 2000
>>>

>>>President
>>>JAYCOMMI
>>>Input Technology With A Human Touch    www.jaycopanels.com
>>>
>>>MWOSB
>>>

>>>The journey begins sooner than you anticipate !
>>>..................... the renaissance of composure !
>>>

>>>On Monday, September 29, 2014 11:34 AM, "info at irpcharter.org" <info at irpcharter.org> wrote:
>>>

>>>IMPORTANT: IRPC STEERING COMMITTEE ELECTIONS PROCESS
>>>
>>>This email is an announcement regarding
                                the upcoming Internet Rights and
                                Principles Coalition Elections.

> [...]
>>>·      Set up a survey monkey and hold elections – or a poll to endorse current and incoming officers if nominations not contested - for incoming Co-Chair and Steering Committee Member/s.
>>>·      Both Co-Chair and Steering Committee Members to be (self)-nominated, a seconder is required.
>>>·      IRPC Co-Chair is on a rotating 2-year, staggered basis. The outgoing Co-Chair remains on the Steering Committee for two years.
>>>·      Steering Committee Members (total of 9) are elected for two years with a nominal maximum of two terms (4 years). After two terms, an SC member either steps down or stands for a renewed two-year term. This criterion applies to the outgoing Co-Chairr position-holder on completion of the succeeding two year term.
>>>·      Steering Committee Members and Co-Chair positions are elected independently.
>>>·      The IRPC aims to represent stakeholders of diverse and historically underrepresented backgrounds, as well as seeks gender and geographical balance.
>>>

>>>Qualifications:
>>>Co-Chair -
>>>
>>>·      Experience with the IGF and/or related internet governance consultations and meetings and the IRP Coalition for at least one year.
>>>·      Can demonstrate an understanding and commitment to the IRP Coalition’s Aims (see: http://www.intgovforum.org/cms/dynamiccoalitions/72-ibr)
>>>·      Preferably, demonstrate knowledge of the procedures of the Internet Governance Forum
>>>·      Knowledge of the IRPC’s work and output since 2008 and provide insights into how they envisage taking the IRP Charter forward based on achievements to date.
>>>·      Can provide a vision for how the IRP Coalition can contribute to the future of the IGF and advance the IRPC Charter work within the IGF and beyond.
>>>·      Able to consolidate ongoing collaborations with partners from all sectors and forge new ones.
>>>
>>>Steering Committee Member -
>>>·      Experience with the IRPC for at least one year.
>>>·      Demonstrate experience and knowledge of IG related themes, human rights and IG Principles in particular.
>>>·      Adherence to the Coalition’s Aims (see: http://www.intgovforum.org/cms/dynamiccoalitions/72-ibr)
>>>·      Preferably, some knowledge and understanding of the procedures of the Internet Governance Forum.
>>>·      Demonstrate a commitment to the aims and objectives of the IRPC Charter of Human Rights and Principles of the Internet
>>>·      Indicate what roles and responsibilities they can carry as an SC member
>>>·      Able and willing to respond to SC emails and meeting calls in a reasonable time.
>>>
>>>Timeline:
>>>·      Nominations for new officers will be open for two weeks starting September 15-September 29.
>>>·      Elections will be open for two weeks starting September 30-October 13. IRPC list members will (i) vote/endorse (if uncontested) committee using an online polling tool.

Lorena Jaume-Palasí ∙ Coordinator, Deutsche UN Sektion ∙ Internet Governance Forum
Internet & Gesellschaft Co:llaboratory e.V.
www.intgovforum.de ∙ www.collaboratory.de ∙ Newsletter ∙ Facebook ∙ Twitter ∙Youtube