[IRPCoalition] FW: IMPORTANT: IRPC STEERING COMMITTEE ELECTIONS PROCESS
Robert.Bodle at msj.edu
Fri Oct 10 18:57:28 EEST 2014
Just a friendly reminder --
The nominations for the two open positions for 2014-15, 1) Co-Chair and 2) Steering Member, are due Monday, October 13. The elections period will stay open for three weeks, following nominations. Attached and pasted below, you will find the nomination and elections procedure, which includes ideal criteria for both positions.
The Co-Chair must be nominated (not self-nominated) and seconded by another.
The Steering Member can be self-nominated, and the nomination must be seconded by another.
Nominations: September 29 – October 13, 2014
Elections: October 14 – November 4, 2014
IRPC Steering Committee and Co-Chair Elections, 2014
· Invite nominations for both Co-Chair and Steering Committee Member. Each candidate provides a short profile statement to include a short bio as pertains to their intended role in the Coalition, as well as a short statement of how they will work towards the Coalition’s continued success and development.
· Set up a survey monkey and hold elections – or a poll to endorse current and incoming officers if nominations not contested - for incoming Co-Chair and Steering Committee Member/s.
· Both Co-Chair and Steering Committee Members to be (self)-nominated, a seconder is required.
· IRPC Co-Chair is on a rotating 2-year, staggered basis. The outgoing Co-Chair remains on the Steering Committee for two years.
· Steering Committee Members (total of 9) are elected for two years with a nominal maximum of two terms (4 years). After two terms, an SC member either steps down or stands for a renewed two-year term. This criterion applies to the outgoing Co-Chairr position-holder on completion of the succeeding two year term.
· Steering Committee Members and Co-Chair positions are elected independently.
· The IRPC aims to represent stakeholders of diverse and historically underrepresented backgrounds, as well as seeks gender and geographical balance.
· Experience with the IGF and/or related internet governance consultations and meetings and the IRP Coalition for at least one year.
· Can demonstrate an understanding and commitment to the IRP Coalition’s Aims (see: http://www.intgovforum.org/cms/dynamiccoalitions/72-ibr)
· Preferably, demonstrate knowledge of the procedures of the Internet Governance Forum
· Knowledge of the IRPC’s work and output since 2008 and provide insights into how they envisage taking the IRP Charter forward based on achievements to date.
· Can provide a vision for how the IRP Coalition can contribute to the future of the IGF and advance the IRPC Charter work within the IGF and beyond.
· Able to consolidate ongoing collaborations with partners from all sectors and forge new ones.
Steering Committee Member -
· Experience with the IRPC for at least one year.
· Demonstrate experience and knowledge of IG related themes, human rights and IG Principles in particular.
· Adherence to the Coalition’s Aims (see: http://www.intgovforum.org/cms/dynamiccoalitions/72-ibr)
· Preferably, some knowledge and understanding of the procedures of the Internet Governance Forum.
· Demonstrate a commitment to the aims and objectives of the IRPC Charter of Human Rights and Principles of the Internet
· Indicate what roles and responsibilities they can carry as an SC member
· Able and willing to respond to SC emails and meeting calls in a reasonable time.
· Nominations for new officers will be open for two weeks starting September 29-October 13.
· Elections will be open for three weeks starting October 14-November 4. IRPC list members will (i) vote/endorse (if uncontested) committee using an online polling tool.
Robert Bodle, Ph.D.
Department of Communication and New Media Studies
Mount St. Joseph University
robert_bodle at mail.msj.edu
Department of Media, Journalism and Film
bodler at miamioh.edu
Co-Chair Internet Rights & Principles Coalition
-------------- next part --------------
A non-text attachment was scrubbed...
Name: IRPC Election of Officers-criteria_procedure_Final-2.doc
Size: 35840 bytes
Desc: IRPC Election of Officers-criteria_procedure_Final-2.doc
-------------- next part --------------
An embedded and charset-unspecified text was scrubbed...
More information about the IRP