[IRPCoalition] [bestbits] Second African School on IG

Anriette Esterhuysen anriette at apc.org
Tue Nov 18 16:18:24 EET 2014

Thanks David.. and you will be missed. It was good to have so many
people from NCUC there last year. I will also really miss having Carlos
Afonso.. the participants really enjoyed learning from the Brazilian
experience.

On the other hand I am really pleased that we have such a strong
contingent of African faculty and resource people joining us this year.

We often talk about building capacity in IG, and I generally get
irritated when it is used in ways that I find politically patronising
(when used as a way of dealing with developing country gripes).

We don't spend nearly enough time, either as civil society, or as
Africans - in this instance - acknowledging how much capacity we already
have.

Anriette

<mailto:anriette at apc.org>> wrote:

>> Dear all
>>
>> Some of you will be there in person, but for those of you will not be
there, you can find out more about the Second African School on IG which
will start in Mauritius later this week.

>> Best
>>
>> Anriette
>>
>> http://african-ig-school.events.apc.org/
>>
>> --
>> `````````````````````````````````
>> anriette esterhuysen
>> executive director
>> association for progressive communications
>> po box 29755, melville, 2109, south africa
>> anriette at apc.org
>> www.apc.org

- --
anriette at apc.org