[IRPCoalition] News - IRPC Booklet, EuroDIG, IGF Istanbul

IRPCoalition info at irpcharter.org
Thu May 29 16:17:07 EEST 2014

Dear all

An update on pending events and news that the 3rd edition of the IRPC
Charter Booklet (ENG) is being readied for the upcoming German IGF and
EuroDIG on 11-13 June, and for the upcoming IGF in Istanbul. With this
we are proud to announce that the 1st Edition of the German IRPC Charter
Booklet is also being readied for the EuroDIG week. The 1st edition of
the Spanish translation will follow and the 2nd Edition of the Arabic
Booklet as well. And we are happy to announce that work has started on a
Turkish translation, if all goes well, in time for Istanbul. Thanks to
our translators for this tremendous effort to have the Charter available
in other languages.

FYI, by "editions" we are referring to consecutive print-runs and
associated updates, edits, and corrections respectively, all of which
have been needed to make sure the upporting material in the booklet is
accurate and up to date. The IRPC Charter itself and 10 IRP Principles
are not part of these front- and back-end edits.

*Displaying Endorsements and Sponsors*: With these new translations we
have also included on the back cover the logos and names of all those
organizations who have endorser the IRPC Charter work to date. If your
organization would like to join us and be listed on the back cover
please let us know by the end of this week i.e. tomorrow, Friday.

And with these acknowledgements we are also adding one for all those
individuals and organizations who have supported the booklet project
financially, either through the Razoo fundraiser for the first edition
<https://www.razoo.com/br/causes/Charter-Of-Human-Rights-And-Principles-For-The-Internet-Irp-Coalition-At-The-Un-Internet-Governance-Forum>
last year at the Bali IGF or in other ways. Some individuals would
prefer to be anoymous but if you would like to be named as a
sponsor/supporter of this work please also let us know by tomorrow so we
can include your name as well.

*Where to find the PDF Booklets*: ALL updated booklets in PDF format as
they are finalised will be online at www.internetrightsandprinciples.org
shortly for downloading. We will have English and German hardcopies
ready for distribution at the EuroDIG in Berlin.

*How to pay for all this work*: And with this good news we also have a
request to help with this second round of formatting and printing in
financial terms. Every little bit counts and donations can be made via
the next Razoo fundraiser (stand by) or to any of the SC members in
cash. We managed to crowd-fund the first print-run. This second one
could do with financial help as well. A big thank you to all those who
have come forward already to support this second, and expanded phase.
Again, do let us know if you want to be named as we will gladly do this.

*A couple of other updates and reminders*:
The EuroDIG Program is shaping up
<http://www.eurodig.org/wiki/EuroDIG_program_outline_and_sessions>; IRPC
members have been involved in flash panels, workshops
<http://www.eurodig.org/wiki/Accessibility_and_social_inclusion>, and at
least one Plenary
<http://www.eurodig.org/wiki/Internet_principles_vs._state_security>. It
is a great program this year so looking forward to that.

The NZ Greens Internet Rights and Freedom Bill
<http://www.internetrightsbill.org.nz/> consultations are open for input
and we encourage you all to take a look at this pioneering initiative
that has used the IRPC Charter/10 Principles as a model and provide
feedback in support of putting rights/principles talk into effective action.

And more news on the Hivos IG-MENA
<http://hivos.org/news/click-rights-and-get-it-right>project and the NZ
IRF Bill will be presented along with other projects at one of the IRPC
supported workshops in Istanbul. More on news on these at a later date.

Thanks again all for showing your support of the Charter in concrete terms.

best regards
MF/RB and the whole SC

--
Internet Rights and Principles Coalition
UN Internet Governance Forum