[IRPCoalition] MARCO CIVIL APPROVED by Br House

Carolina Rossini carolina.rossini at gmail.com
Wed Mar 26 02:54:05 EET 2014

Dear all,

As we have received so much support from the international community, I'm
extremely happy to let you know that Marco Civil (after years of activism
of a great group of Br groups and a lot of political strategy) has just
been approved at the Brazilian Chamber of Deputies. Now we need to approve
it in the Senate.

This is the final version of the text:
http://www.camara.gov.br/proposicoesWeb/prop_mostrarintegra?codteor=1238705&filename=Tramitacao-PL+2126/2011

Of course, the text is not perfect and we still have to fight for changes
on data retention. Nevertheless, its a very happy day for many of the
Brazilian civil society organizations mobilized for approving a bill of
rights for the Internet. A lot of very good people have been engaged and
doing an amazing job in Brasilia and on the social networks, without giving
up, despite of the never ending vote-not vote soap opera. #FeelingProud :)

I would like to thank you for all the support received to far, as
international pressure have helped as well.

This is also a good step for NetMundial.

Exciting

--
*Carolina Rossini*
http://carolinarossini.net/