[IRPCoalition] Charter at No Hate Speech Movement fb page

Marianne Franklin m.i.franklin at gold.ac.uk
Tue Jun 10 12:14:00 EEST 2014

Dear Vik

+1 from me in terms of my role as an educator. Students, school age and
university level, are increasingly aware of the need to be better
informed and also more active in tackling these issues. I too will be
including this in the curriculum.

There are also different attitudes in different parts of the world that
reflect different sorts of media message and public debates about rights
online from the point of view of young people's rights so all the best
with this important work across national and cultural borders too!

Looking forward to a lively debate during Plenary 5 at the EuroDIG
<http://www.eurodig.org/eurodig-2014/programme-overview/plenary-5>in the
venue and by remote participation with you as RP moderator. Also all the
best for theYouth events <https://eurodig.ypart.eu/instance/eurodig>there.

German and English language IRPC Charter Booklets and 10 IRP Principles
leaflets will be there too; so just a gentle reminder that we are still
fundraising
<http://www.razoo.com/br/causes/Charter-Of-Human-Rights-And-Principles-For-The-Internet-Irp-Coalition-At-The-Un-Internet-Governance-Forum>.
This second fundraiser starts at 690 US so we need to make up the
difference. FYI, two donations of GBP 250 and GBP 255 have gone a long
way in covering the expenses for the German edition. We only need a bit
more to cover this latest outlay and to set us up for the next round for
Istanbul. Cash in hand in Berlin welcome too! :)

See you in Berlin.
best
MF

On 09/06/2014 17:39, Bodle, Robert wrote:
> This is very cool Viktor (https://www.facebook.com/nohatespeech)
>
> Thank you for doing this work and for sharing with the List.
>
> I look forward to promoting this movement with my students in the classroom and beyond.
>
> Cheers,
> Robert
>

> Robert Bodle, Ph.D.
> Associate Professor
> Department of Communication and New Media Studies
> College of Mount St. Joseph
> Cincinnati, OH45233-1670
> (513) 244-4829
> robert_bodle at mail.msj.edu
>
> https://msj.academia.edu/RobertBodle
> @robertbodle
>
> Co-Chair Internet Rights & Principles Coalition
> www.internetrightsandprinciples.org
> @netrights

Dr Marianne Franklin
Professor of Global Media and Politics
Convener: Global Media & Transnational Communications Program
Goldsmiths (University of London)
Department of Media & Communications
New Cross, London SE14 6NW
Tel: +44 20 7919 7072
<m.i.franklin at gold.ac.uk>
@GloComm
https://twitter.com/GloComm
http://www.gold.ac.uk/media-communications/staff/franklin/
https://www.gold.ac.uk/pg/ma-global-media-transnational-communications/
Co-Chair Internet Rights & Principles Coalition (UN IGF)