[IRPCoalition] International Human Rights Day - Council of Europe Meeting on Human Rights Online

Marianne Franklin m.i.franklin at gold.ac.uk
Wed Dec 10 14:25:14 EET 2014

Hi Vik

Here are some links relating to a controversial bill (DRIP) now on the
UK law books and how it is arguably the thin edge of the wedge for a
return of the so-called "Snoopers Charter"

http://theconversation.com/drip-is-an-abuse-of-our-rights-not-a-matter-of-national-security-29622

http://www.expressandstar.com/news/local-news/2014/07/23/mp-tom-watson-to-sue-government-over-controversial-data-bill/

http://ukconstitutionallaw.org/2014/07/14/tom-hickman-on-the-drip-bill-plugging-gaps-in-surveillance-laws-or-authorising-the-unlawful/

And more from Privacy International and Liberty UK.

best
MF