[IRPCoalition] Updates from IGF Istanbul

IRPCoalition info at irpcharter.org
Sun Aug 31 19:37:15 EEST 2014

Dear all

IGF 2014 has kicked off - from the perspective of Civil Society groups,
individuals, and coalitions - today with the Best Bits Meeting
<http://bestbits.net/>.

The IGF meeting itself <http://igf2014.sched.org/>begins tomorrow; IRPC
have set up a live blog
<http://internetrightsandprinciples.org/site/irpc-live-blog/> for
rolling updates on workshops and events during this week in Istanbul, to
accompany news on Twitter etc. Several of us are contributing to this
e.g. today during Best Bits, Dixie, Marianne were blogging/tweeting from
Istanbul and Minda remotely, follow @netrights and the hashtag #netrights.

News Flash: The IGF website was down today, blocked. The IGF Schedule
however is still available. This IGF meeting is an important chance for
activists, academics, and others on the ground here mobilizing against
internet censorship, and promoting recognition of all other rights and
freedoms online to make their voices heard. If you can't make it here,
do join us by remote participation in the four sessions we are
co-organizing. More info at http://internetrightsandprinciples.org/site/.

And another piece of news: the IRPC Booklet shipment is being held at
the airport by customs. People are working very hard here in Istanbul on
our behalf to get the booklets released in time for Tuesday's Workshop
and launch. But fear not, the Turkish Edition
<http://internetrightsandprinciples.org/site/wp-content/uploads/2014/08/IRPC_Booklet_Turkish_final.pdf>is
available online along with the Arabic, English, German ones and Spanish
Charter translations at http://internetrightsandprinciples.org/site/.

Sign up for remote participation at the workshop room noted right at the
bottom of each session: key ones for IRPC are WS83, 146, 225 (support
our Pirate Party Movement Turkey colleagues) and our Roundtable-Meeting
on Thursday at 4.30pm.

safe travels

--
Internet Rights and Principles Coalition
UN Internet Governance Forum