[IRPCoalition] [bestbits] free flow of information @ Netmundial - Civil Society major issues

Jeanette Hofmann jeanette at wzb.eu
Tue Apr 15 16:46:20 EEST 2014

Hi,

Am 15.04.2014 14:54, schrieb parminder:
> Not only net neutrality has been removed,
'free flow of information' which figured twice in the earlier (leaked)
draft has been removed from both places..

in my capacity as a HLMC member I have spoken up against free flow of
information in the human rights section because free flow of information
is not a human right. Ironically, someone from the business sector
objected to removing this term from the human rights section.

I am reporting this to illustrate that the negotiation of the text
hasn't always followed the distribution of power and interest that some
on this list may assume. The draft document represents victories and
defeats on all sides.

jeanette