[IRPCoalition] Looking back in time (Thankful)

Salanieta Tamanikaiwaimaro salanieta.tamanikaiwaimaro at gmail.com
Fri Nov 29 02:32:15 EET 2013

Dear All,

I was reminded today that on this week many years ago in 1893, New Zealand women took part in the General Elections.

 As I am no historian, I would not know if ancient civilization allowed women to vote although I do know of women leaders who still intrigue and invoke mixed emotions in various parts of modern day civilization such as the Queen of Sheba, Queen Salote, Margaret Thatcher for their influence and impact.

Today, I also am inclined to remember Eleanor Roosevelt who played a significant role in shaping the UDHR. I am also taking the time to congratulate some very well abled leaders and advocates of Human Rights in the Online World all over the world. Your dedication and commitment to making the world a better place is much appreciated. Some of you get recognised and some of you probably never will but to all the thousands of men and women and children around the world who fight for justice, and rights and responsibilities, I want you to know that someone somewhere in a seemingly remote corner of the globe spent time thinking of all the excellent work you do.

And to the Kiwis in this space, special mention to Marianne Franklin for her awesome leadership, energy and wisdom and to Joy Liddicoat who is superwoman and advocate who never backs down, a special salute to you both today. In case you are all wondering what brought this on, today is Thanksgiving and I have alot to be thankful for. I am also thankful for Anriette E, Nnenna and Valeria B for the incredible women that they are and the work that they do. To the hundreds of workers and advocates in the African, Arab, Asian, Pacific, American, Latin American and Caribbean region, I salute you all!

I am thankful for Martin Luther king Junior, Rosa Parks, Malala Yousafzai and to the Nnennas of the world who make the world a better place.

Let's continue to encourage each other to great deeds.

Happy Thanksgiving!

Salanieta Tamanikaiwaimaro aka Sala

Sent from my iPad