[IRPCoalition] Meet the new IRP Co-Chair and Steering Comm members

IRPCoalition info at irpcharter.org
Tue Dec 24 18:54:04 EET 2013

Dear all

The election/endorsement process for the IRP Coalition's Steering
Committee is over (37 people took part with 86.5% support, 5.4% against,
and 8.1% abstaining). Thank you for the positive comments about all we
have achieved this year and also for the constructive suggestions for
the year to come. The new SC met last week so this email is to formally
re-introduce everyone to you all.

First up, our incoming co-Chair who will be serving with Marianne this
year. Robert has worked with the IRP since 2008, seeing the first
charter through, setting up and then assisting with the website and
social media efforts, and also supporting IRP events at the IGF
meetings. After being on the steering committee for the last few years,
championing the IRP in all capacities, he is happy to provide continuity
and support as co-chair of the IRP. Robert is excited about growing
participation in the coalition, ramping up dissemination of the Charter
in different engaging formats (socio-technical, educational), and
exploring new ways of integrating Human Rights in Internet Governance at
all levels. This work complements his teaching and research as an
engaged academic.

Next here are the SC members for 2014 (bio notes will be up on the
website shortly):

Co-Chairs
Marianne Franklin (New Zealand/UK)
Robert Bodle (USA)

Steering Committee
Rafik Dammak (Tunisia/Japan)
Catherine Easton (UK)
Dixie Hawtin (UK)
Matthias Kettemann (Austria)
Parminder Jeet Singh (India)
Carlos Affonso Pereira de Souza (Brazil)
Vik Szabados (Hungary)
Tapani Tarvainen (Finland)

We are all looking forward to a productive year for the protection and
enjoyment of human rights online - for everyone, everywhere.

Warm regards
MF/RB and the whole SC

www.internetrightsandprinciples.org
http://www.intgovforum.org/cms/dynamiccoalitions/72-ibr