[IRPCoalition] Updates and Add your voice

IRPCoalition info at irpcharter.org
Fri Dec 13 12:49:19 EET 2013

Dear All

Thanks to everyone who has responded to the presentation of the IRP
Coalition Co-Chair and two SC members for this year's Steering
Committee. There are only a few days left so here is that link again

*https://www.surveymonkey.com/s/TBHJLZG
*
There have been some very helpful suggestions included with some

As the ICANN High Level Panel meets in London this week, and with
preparations for the upcoming Brazil Meeting starting to take shape now
that the organizational structure has been settled (more or less), the
IRP Coalition Steering Committee is keen to get underway and contribute
substantively to the organization and input into next year's meeting
schedule.

More updates on just this, content and what people think the coalition
can do in this respect as soon as we have as many responses as possible
to the presentation of candidates. Process is important and so all
points already noted about this particular one will be taken on board.
Last year we had well over a quorum and could proceed with confidence.
This year we are close to a quorum so need a few more of you to respond
as there are more people on the list now!

Some content points in the meantime:

1) IRP CHARTER BOOKLET 2nd Edition - For Translators

FYI, the 2nd PDF Edition of the IRP Charter booklet is ready to go
online shortly. We have sold out of the 1st edition already so this one
includes corrections of some errata and selected updates in the
references. There is also an Hebrew translation underway, to accompany
the one HIVOS IG-MENA is doing in Arabic. I will be in touch with those
of you who have offered to undertake other translations but if there is
anyone else wanting to do this, let us know.

The 2nd edition is available already in a text only version, and we have
formulated guidelines for translators of the whole IRP Charter booklet
under the IRP Charter tab. The links are here;
http://internetrightsandprinciples.org/site/wp-content/uploads/2013/11/IRP-Charter-Booklet-For-Translators.pdf
http://internetrightsandprinciples.org/site/wp-content/uploads/2013/11/IRP-Charter-Booklet-1-2nd-Edition.doc

2) European Dialogue on Internet Governance (EuroDIG), Berlin, June
2014: Ideas for workshops for this event are due at the end of the
month. We had a very production workshop and flash session this year so
if anyone has any ideas (ideas only at the moment) for themes to
contribute to the first stage of EuroDIG planning process (open to all
by the way so ask if you want to be involved) in January please let us
know; to this email or to the list.

3) Brazil. This is the main topic and one to which the coalition can
contribute and collaborate in. We will be in touch as soon as the SC
endorsement process is complete.

Thanks again for responding to the Steering Committee call.
*https://www.surveymonkey.com/s/TBHJLZG. *

best
Marianne F