[IRPCoalition] Civil Society, ITU and the Global Internet Freedom.

Viktor Szabados vikszabados at gmail.com
Thu Nov 29 23:19:16 EET 2012

Hello,

Viktor here from Hungary (currently in Vienna). I joined during
IGF2012 in Baku, contacted Dixie in advance of that as we found a
group to facilitate Internet governance discussions in Hungary as we
do not have this kind of forum.

and the HU gov. law proposal is on table to allow blocking Internet by
order of court (child abuse, criminal act against state, danger of
terrorism), assembly (2/3 governmen fraction) will pass the law in few
weeks.

so we try to organise a panel discussion before this voting, however
we do not need to be optimistic, MPs just vote as told them from
above. top-down.
I also try to build up need for discussions and cooperate with
partners from EuroDIG Stockholm and now IGFBaku.

question according to this:
Do you have maybe any contacts in the academic field from Hungary, who
I could involve in the Internet governance dialogue? Also just in
general like not into technical things, but also maybe someone who
understands how Internet filtering and blocking is working.

our group: Az Internet Mindenkié (Internet belongs to everyone)
http://www.facebook.com/groups/azinternetmindenkie/

my articles (few also on English just one with Google´s pre-event in
Baku on FOX -freedom of expression with video):
http://elnoksegtudositoi.eu/category/rovatok/internet/

I like these kind of things to sign up, IRP could also just have it on
its site a kind of tool to let pple agree if they agree and have an
email list etc.

I´ve already signed:

http://www.google.com/takeaction/

http://www.protectinternetfreedom.org/

https://www.accessnow.org/page/s/internetdeclaration is the same as
(http://www.internetdeclaration.org/freedom)

http://www.whatistheitu.org/

thanks, your
vik

--
tag - Új Média Fiatal Szakértői Csoport - Európai Ifjúsági Fórum
elnök - Ifjúsági Strukturált Párbeszéd Nemzeti Munkacsoport
vikszabados at gmail.com
+36 30 8535388
Budapest, HU