[IRPCoalition] Follow-up to Welcome message from IRP Coalition List (some thank-yous)

Marianne Franklin m.i.franklin at gold.ac.uk
Mon Nov 26 15:00:17 EET 2012

Dear all

As you can see (several times!) the IRP Coalition mailing list is back
on air. Some of you may know that not only was the coalition's website
compromised last year (relaunched at Baku) but during the Baku meeting
the mailing list was also rendered inoperable for reasons as yet
unexplained.

Since then, it has been two weeks of hard work on the part of a number
of people to rebuild the membership list, again apologies if any of you
are back on the list and so have to unsubscribe again.

In that time we have been able to set up the new list which is now being
hosted by Effi thanks to Tapani Tarvainen. Thanks as well to Max Senges
and Dixie Hawtin former (co)Chairs and also to Keith Hubbard and Minda
Moreira (our new communications support) who have all helped accessing
information and rebuilding our website and social media lines.

Fyi, Robert Guerra is also currently retrieving information for us so we
can store the archives of the last four years of coalition work at our
new home so we look forward to Robert's support in helping us complete
this last piece of the jigsaw puzzle.

For good measure and because the list is now back in operation, I am
pasting once again Dixie Hawtin's report on the Baku IGF meeting as a
bridge from one list to another.

Matthias Kettemann and I, the current Coalition co-Chairs will be back
soon with updates and things to think about in the coming months. The
coalition's website (irpcharter.org), Twitter feed (@netrights), and
Facebook page (https://www.facebook.com/internetrightsandprinciples) are
also now fully operational as is this list.

Feel free to continue sharing information and updates from here on in.
Its great to be back and looking forward to working with you all in the
future.

Marianne F (Dixie's message pasted below one more time).