[IRP] Broadband Measurement and Metrics for a Sustainable Internet (Workshop tomorrow at 9am)

Max Senges maxsenges
Wed Nov 7 16:39:21 EET 2012

Hi IGF peers,

allow me to share a recommendation for a very good panel on an important
Internet Principle (which is not listed among the normal workshops but
under "other" for some unknown reason):

*Title:* Broadband Measurement and Metrics for a Sustainable Internet
*Time:* 9:00am, tomorrow, Thursday
*Room:* 8

Tip: the mnemonic "[time] *9*, [room] *8*, 7, 6" can help you remember
these details when talking to people without this email in front of you :)

*Host:* Vint; *Moderator*: Meredith Whittaker

*Why is it interesting?* Because we'll be discussing why the Internet
demands a model of open measurement, how this is being accomplished via
M-Lab (and potentially others), and how an open, collaborative source of
data on network performance and health can serve to empower consumers,
regulators, and the technical community with facts they can trust and act
on. Cool!

Let me know if you get questions, or would like more detail. Thank you!

Max & Meredith

--

Meredith Whittaker
Program Manager, Google Research

--

"*Chaos reigns*"
the *fox,* Lars von Trier's *Antichrist*

Max Senges
Berlin

www.maxsenges.com

Mobile: +491622122755