[IRPCoalition] FW: Reply-To -setting

Anriette Esterhuysen anriette at apc.org
Sun Dec 2 10:35:39 EET 2012

Interesting - While it is true that most lists are set to 'reply to' the
list, I think Taipani's reasoning that people must make a concsious
decision to reply to the list is very legitimate. I also think it is
good to be exposed to, and respect, different mailing list cultures.

In fact, if the settings for the civil society internet governance
caucus list (IGC) was set to 'reply to author' itmight actually manage
to find the time to read it:)

As a matter of interest, this does actually not affect me. I use
Thunderbird on Ubuntu and have an automatic option (clickable button)
in my mail client to 'reply to list'. Don't mostmail clients offer that
option these days?

Anriette

anriette esterhuysen anriette at apc.org
executive director, association for progressive communications
www.apc.org
po box 29755, melville 2109
south africa
tel/fax +27 11 726 1692