[IRP] FW: IRP meeting- Today 1:30-2:30 Room 12

Dixie Hawtin Dixie
Thu Sep 29 10:54:07 EEST 2011

I've just been asked to move this meeting to Conference Room 12. Hope to see you there!

________________________________
From: irp-bounces at lists.internetrightsandprinciples.org [irp-bounces at lists.internetrightsandprinciples.org] On Behalf Of Dixie Hawtin [Dixie at global-partners.co.uk]
Sent: 29 September 2011 07:12
To: irp at lists.internetrightsandprinciples.org
Subject: [IRP] IRP meeting- Today 1:30-2:30 Room 9

Hi all,

For the informal IRP meeting, please come to Room 9 at 1:30 pm today! I was told that the room is most probably free - if by any chance it is occupied I will leave a note on the door of where we have gone (it will be one of the smaller conference rooms on the upstairs floor).

And a reminder about the agenda:

1. The organisation of the IRP and organising en election process.
What type of organisation of the IRP would be most effective? Suggestions included transforming our current steering committee of 13 members, into a smaller group of 3 or 4 members. Another suggestion was to have two co-chairs who would each sit for two years - so that every year we have one new co-chair and one continuing chair (as the IGC is currently run).

2. Priorities for the next year
What should our priorities be for the next year? The aim is to define a focussed goal in order to maximise impact. At the last meeting the suggestion emerged that we should be using our Charter and 10 IRPs to reach out to other principles initiatives and influence those to respect, protect and fulfil human rights. Is this an achieveable goal? Where are these principles? How can we influence them?

Hope to see you there!
Dixie