[IRP] Seeking TOR users for quotes

Fouad Bajwa fouadbajwa
Sun May 1 15:47:18 EEST 2011

TOR has been occasionally used as an alternative means by citizens
(that somehow know about TOR) to access websites blocked occasionally
by the authorities in Pakistan. It so far remains one of the few tools
that many monitoring, sniffing, deep packet inspection and
surveillance applications are unable to prevent access through. It is
still unpredictable about what will be the future implications of the
use of such IP/Filtering bypassing tools to the safety of Pakistani
citizens but so far TOR remains a productive alternative in response
to freedom of expression circumvention over the Internet and World
Wide Web.

-- Fouad

On Sun, May 1, 2011 at 3:55 AM, Katitza Rodriguez <katitza at eff.org> wrote:
> Hi friends:
>
> My colleague Eva Galperin from EFF (cc here) is looking for TOR users who
> are able and willing to provide a quote for us for a campaign we will be
> launching around TOR. She is particularly interested in quotes that talk
> about the ways or circumstances in which you use Tor, since she is trying to
> illustrate how supporting the Tor network helps activists around the world.
>
> If you are a TOR users, and you are willing (feel comfortable) to provide a
> quote for Eva, please contact her (Eva Galperin <eva at eff.org>).
>
> All the best,
>
> --
> Katitza Rodriguez
> International Rights Director
> Electronic Frontier Foundation
> katitza at eff.org
> katitza at datos-personales.org (personal email)
>
> Please support EFF - Working to protect your digital rights and freedom of
> speech since 1990

Regards.