[IRP] Launching the principles on THURSDAY 31st

M I Franklin cos02mf
Wed Mar 30 12:14:51 EEST 2011

Dear All

All the best tomorrow.

Lisa, would you mind sending through one more time all links to the
Principles/Charter launch; Twitter, Facebook, etc... I'm working on getting
these up and around and have lost track amidst the emails..;-))

cheers
MF

--On 29 March 2011 22:32 +0100 Lisa Horner <LisaH at global-partners.co.uk>
wrote:

> Hi all
>
> It is too late to change the flyer or the text of the principles at this
> stage, at least for this version.  I also think we need to be wary of
> discouraging anyone from putting time, effort and resources into trying
> to make things work for the coalition.  We rely on people's efforts in
> their spare time to contribute.  Considering that, I think we're
> extremely lucky to have such a professional looking flyer that will help
> us with our outreach.  I'd like to reiterate my thanks to Brett and his
> colleagues for that.
>
> But of course, if people want to do something different, that's fine too.
> We are always more than welcoming of new ideas and inputs. The more
> mutually supportive effort we can all put in, the better.  But there is a
> question over branding I guess.  I actually like the retro feel to it - I
> think it makes it feel very contemporary.
>
> RE the text - people can revisit it for a redraft if they want to, a
> little later down the line.  We're always (too?)flexible with the
> deadlines for commenting, and try to take as much on board as possble.
> But it really is late in the day now.
>
> Anyway, a lot of effort has gone into this from quite a broad group of
> people, and I personally think we have a great output to show for it.
> Looking forwards to Thursday!
>
> All the best,
> Lisa
> htsandprinciples.org

Dr Marianne Franklin
Reader
Convener of the Transnational Communications & Global Media Program
Media & Communications
Goldsmiths
New Cross
London SE14 6NW
United Kingdom
Tel (direct): #44 (0)207 919-7072
Fax: #44 (0) 207 919-7616
email: m.i.franklin at gold.ac.uk
http://www.goldsmiths.ac.uk/media-communications/staff/franklin.php
http://www.goldsmiths.ac.uk/pg/ma-transnational-communications-global-media.php

"It is difficult to be sat on all day, every day, by some other creature,
without forming an opinion on them. On the other hand, it is perfectly
possible to sit all day, every day, on top of another creature and not have
the slightest thought about them whatsoever." (Douglas Adams)