[IRP] Brainstorm...What do we call the punchy principles?

Tapani Tarvainen tapani.tarvainen
Thu Mar 24 06:20:01 EET 2011

On Wed, Mar 23, 2011 at 04:01:36PM +0000, M I Franklin (cos02mf at gold.ac.uk) wrote:

> As the Ten Punchy Principles are not the Charter itself, they can be
> a leading/open-ended document so I am all for getting them out along
> with Charter v1.1 otherwise we will be rewriting the charter as we
> extend and refine the principles - and doing both within this
> 'charmed circle'!

Yes: don't wait until they're "perfect" but get them out now and wait
for feedback. They should not, however, be considered carved in stone,
but subject to update as the charter itself is revised:
Punchy as those ten principles are, there's still a number
of somewhat ambiguous terms in them, and as we open them up in
the charter, we may find a need to adjust their wording to
match it.

--
Tapani Tarvainen