[IRP] FW: A Response Re: Indigenous People and the Document

Michael Gurstein gurstein
Tue Jan 11 20:16:12 EET 2011

"I am not too sure what to add on the Human Rights on the Internet beyond
what you wrote to the team who is working on this document. There is a need
to acknowledge the Declaration and the importance of recognizing and
respecting Indigenous people and their traditional knowledge. With the
different sections already in this document, ie "marginalized people" and
"children", I think what you write is appropriate. I think the Declaration
recognized by all countries needs to be respected, acknowledged and
supported by these types of documents."