[IRP] Slim Amamou (and other bloggers) arrested in Tunisia

Meryem Marzouki meryem
Fri Jan 7 20:25:11 EET 2011

Le 7 janv. 11 ? 19:07, Marcin de Kaminski a ?crit :

> I understand the security level when it comes to these matters. The
> information was public and such as can be oneclick-googled. Good to
> raise awareness about this publicly though.

My point is that the more something is repeated, the more it is felt
"attested" (especially on the web). True or wrong, at some point it
doesn't matter anymore.

> What disturbs me is that this is an escalation and should be
> noticed as one. That is most certainly one point which should be
> made in discussions. It is not surprising but still worth noticing,
> since it shows the need of external support in even more technical
> matters.

This doesn't appear to me as an escalation, at least not as anything
new: if you exert censorship, then surely a major and urgent target
is those people and those tools helping to circumvent your censorship.