[IRP] Kickstarting the beta testing of the Charter!

Lisa Horner LisaH
Mon Feb 21 20:54:19 EET 2011

Hi all

To follow up on the notes from our last conference call, I've drafted two Google docs.  Please have a look and add your ideas.

1) A brainstorm list of people that we can consult on (generally or about specific issues)
https://docs.google.com/document/d/1vJGdkkzEyB8NJMOkLpNvzWivwzxi07wsXI7ZmWML_Dg/edit?hl=en&authkey=CLO2ipMF

*Please add ideas and suggestions to the document, and say if you have good contacts with any groups. We really need your help with this*

2) A draft template of questions to guide the consultations
https://docs.google.com/document/d/1VcxA1AGXBYURFh_h-_s5qLPZmwnA2e7dgeGErDK4WjI/edit?hl=en&authkey=CNWY2-MO

*This is a draft list of questions that we can send out, based on the issues that have emerged in the conversations we've had so far.  Please have a look, and comment or suggest edits if you think anything is missing or wrong.*

PLEASE DO THIS BY FRIDAY 4th MARCH, AND THEN WE CAN GET GOING WITH CONSULTING PEOPLE!

Other issues:

WEBSITE
Robert is looking into setting up a system for collecting comments via digress.it, which also means we'll have a nice version of the charter on its own site, hopefully linked to the main IRP site.

TRANSLATION
Miguel has translated a version into Spanish which is fantastic.  We'll send it round asap.  Can anyone else volunteer  translate into other languages please?

EVENTS
Dixie is looking into holding a launch event at the Eurodig, and we're also following up with the Council of Europe.
Carlos will send ideas round about consulting at the LAC IGF
Miguel has suggested a really exciting idea for world internet day in May.
*Please say if you have any other ideas or would like to get involved in any of these initiatives*

Please get involved...the more the merrier and the stronger the charter!

All the best,
Lisa