[IRP] Workshop proposal on Internet Governance Principles

katitza at datos-personales.org katitza
Sun Apr 24 05:27:54 EEST 2011

Hi there,

I have concerns about promoting the  "Marco Civil". While it has a lot of
good provisions and a have pass through a wonderful participatory
process, it also incorporate a mandatory data retention provision that
many from civil society has strong concerns. We should be careful that
government officials s will not end up mirroring the bad provisions
(instead of the good ones).

I am sharing with you my real concerns as you know but since I am seeing
everywhere the promotion of the framework, I feel obligated to share my
concerns with it.

A big hug, Katitza