[IRP] On our way ahead with the Charter

Meryem Marzouki meryem
Thu Apr 21 23:41:24 EEST 2011

Le 21 avr. 2011 ? 14:33, Lee W McKnight a ?crit :

> Hi,
>
> Sounds like a good meeting and progress being made.
>
> But re 1. We should give up about the idea of trying to have the Charter as a whole adopted or endorsed by anyone
>
> Why? Because CoE won't, and other narrower NGOs won't?

Quick reply, just because of the misunderstanding: the CoE is the Council of Europe, 47 countries of the European continent, has a Committee of ministers, a Parliamentary Assembly,  makes binding treaties, such as European Convention of Human Rights, to start with, that has instituted the European Court of Human Rights or the European Convention on the protection of personal data, or the Cybercrime Convention...

A bit more than an (even big) NGO, then...

Best,
Meryem