[IRP] IRP Coalition meeting and launch of Charter of Human Rights and Principles for the Internet

Max Senges max
Thu Sep 16 17:54:11 EEST 2010

Hi Siva

first of all let me commend you for managing to get such a stellar group of
speakers/participants to the workshop. Markus Kummer, Alejandro Pisanty,
Peter Dengate Thrush and other great peers.

Thank you for your offer to have the dynamic coalition on core values
contribute especially to the section 2 of the Charter! If you could please
facilitate input/contribution that would be great!

May I invite you given the main tool of the Core Value coalition is a blog,
to use the mailinglist of IRP also to benefit from tapping into the extended
community interested in these subjects.

Best
Max

"The future is not what it used to be"
Karl Valentin

Max Senges
Berlin

www.maxsenges.com

Mobile: 01622122755

On Thu, Sep 16, 2010 at 3:59 PM, Sivasubramanian M <isolatedn at gmail.com>wrote:

> Dear Lisa
>
> Thank you for your response. The DC will do more work after this IGF, so it
> is OK to miss this meeting, but please do come forward to take part in this
> coalition.
>

> Sivasubramanian M
> http://turiya.co.in
>
> http://www.isocmadras.com
> facebook: http://is.gd/x8Sh
> LinkedIn: http://is.gd/x8U6
> Twitter: http://is.gd/x8Vz
>

> On Thu, Sep 16, 2010 at 6:25 PM, Lisa Horner <LisaH at global-partners.co.uk>wrote:
>
>>  Dear Sivasubramanian
>>
>> I'm very sorry, but we have a meeting at the same time as your session.
>> Please do let us know the outcomes from your session - we're keen to
>> coordinate with you.
>>
>> Best wishes,
>> Lisa
>>  ------------------------------

>>> a.       Brief background and history.
>>> b.      Aims, working methods, ambitions.
>>>
>>> 2)      Human rights at the IGF
>>> a.       ?Strategy? as defined in business meeting.
>>> b.      Human rights at the regional IGFs report ? Dixie Hawtin.
>>>
>>> 3)      The Charter of Human Rights and Principles for the Internet
>>> a.       Introduction and background
>>> b.      Taking it forward after the IGF (update from business meeting).
>>> c.       Consultation on the Charter.
>>>                                                                  i.
>>>  Brief presentation on the contents and nature of the Charter (Wolfgang
>>> Benedek - 10 mins)
>>>                                                                ii.
>>>  Broad questions and comments.
>>>                  iii.      Discussion on scope of the Charter: Anything
>>> missing? Anything to be taken out? (15 mins)
>>>                                                              iv.
>>>  Specific issues for discussion: (note - we probably won't have time to
>>> cover all of these)
>>> 1.       IP and A2K: Balancing need for copyright with access to
>>> knowledge.
>>> 2.       Mobile internet ? what new issues are raised?
>>> 3.       Privacy:
>>> Anonymity: Relationship to security, privacy and free expression.
>>> Digital identity: Definition, and relationship with privacy, security.
>>> Should there be a right to forget?
>>> 4.       Right to access: Is it a right? Adding meaningful access.
>>>                                                                v.
>>>  Quick polls on other outstanding issues
>>> 1.       Internet or internet
>>> 2.       Name of Charter