[IRP] FINAL verson of draft 1.0 (Hurrah!)

Bodle, Robert Robert_Bodle
Tue Sep 7 21:51:21 EEST 2010

Congratulations to all! Very exciting!

Unfortunately, I missed the meeting this morning to teach class from 9:45-11AM. (Very sorry for this).

Here are some comments on the agenda in any case.

Re: 2) How to consult more widely
I wanted to suggest getting volunteers to translate the document if possible (it is a bit long though, so perhaps a lot to ask).

Re: Strategy, what is it for?
as a set of guidelines for Internet governance processes (IG), pressing the centrality of human rights as a cross-cutting issue in discussions of IG.

As an advocacy tool (outreach, awareness raising, coalition building, broader cirucation, organizing).

And for educational purposes, - workshops, conferences, and in the academy - particularly in my Human Rights in the Digital Age class, which I've just got approval to teach once again next summer.

Re: 3)  a global dialogue network
I am particularly keen on working on this.

Re: 4 )Works and initiatives
 I would add, organize a face to face conference (similar to GIGANET) focused primarily on academic papers that could help flesh out part 2 of the charter. Also papers that address case studies or a more liberatory praxis presentation (work in the field).

Let me know how I can help from afar. I will be tweeting and updating facebook as often as needed during the events (Sept 13-17).

Apologies,
robert

http://twitter.com/netrights
http://www.facebook.com/internetrightsandprinciples