[IRP] FW: Draft Internet Charter Rev. 31082010

Lisa Horner LisaH
Fri Sep 3 13:02:00 EEST 2010

Hi all

I'm not sure this email that I sent on Wednesday went through ok.  I'm re-sending now.  Please could you let me know if you can make the call on Tuesday?

Many thanks,
Lisa

From: Lisa Horner
Sent: 01 September 2010 18:03
To: irp at lists.internetrightsandprinciples.org
Cc: irp-charter at rp.lip6.fr
Subject: FW: Draft Internet Charter Rev. 31082010

Dear all

Please find attached a version of the Charter in which Wolfgang has attempted to incorporate as many of the comments as he could.  Please also see his email below for your information.  Thanks to Wolfgang for his work.

Please have a look through.  If you feel that there are still outstanding, burning issues that need to be addressed in the Charter before Vilnius, please let us know asap...at least by next Monday 6th September.  Otherwise, I suggest that you flag them up as points for discussion in Vilnius and beyond.

In response to Shaila's comment about sections needing more work, I fully agree.  However, I also agree with Wolfgang that we have to move ahead and present this draft more or less as it is as we're now out of time.  But if others have strong opinions on this, please do voice them and we can all discuss.

I am really keen to work out a process that will allow people to feel that we've done enough thinking on different sections of the Charter, reached out to the right expert groups and included the right communities in the process.  The main ingredients we need for that are people-power, funding and time!  I'd like to propose that we have An informal coalition business meeting in Vilnius to discuss these process issues (rather than Charter), both relating to the Charter and to the wider development and activities of the coalition.  In particular, we need to consider possibilities for raising funds for the process.  Would the lunch break on the first day suit people?  It'd be good to have it before our official public meeting on the second day.

Finally, it would be good to organise a conference call for the coalition NEXT TUESDAY 7th SEPTEMBER at 15.00 UK / 16.00 CEST to discuss any outstanding issues and discuss how we want to present the Charter during our workshop, including identifying points for discussion. Please try and make it if you can, or let me know if you'd like to propose an alternative time.

Thanks and all the best,
Lisa