[IRP] FW: IRP meeting - Geneva May 9th

Lisa Horner LisaH
Sun May 9 14:58:18 EEST 2010

________________________________
From: Lisa Horner
Sent: 07 May 2010 12:10
To: irp at lists.internetrightsandprinciples.org
Subject: IRP meeting - Geneva May 9th

Dear all

We have now had drafts of the Charter from the expert group.  I?ve uploaded everything onto Google docs, and linked to it from the IRP website here: http://internetrightsandprinciples.org/node/348

Please read the explanatory note that you will find there, which explains that the documents we have are still only drafts, and also outlines the rationale behind the approaches the experts have taken.

There is also an agenda for the meeting ? feel free to comment and add anything you?d like to be discussed.

For people attending the meeting in person: Please meet at the Maison des Associations (http://www.lafea.org/contacts.htm) at 12.00 sharp if you?d like to join us for lunch.  The meeting will begin in the Steve Biko room at 13.30 CET.

For people attending the meeting remotely: We are using the dim dim participation platform.  You can join the meeting here:
https://my.dimdim.com/InternetRightsAndPrinciples/

1)      Click on the link at 13.30 CET

2)      Enter your name

3)      You will now be in the meeting.  You should be able to hear the audio from the room, and see a video of the room.

4)      You will be able to chat via text to us and other remote participants throughout the meeting.  Dixie will be monitoring the chat in the meeting.  You can ask questions/make comments on an ongoing basis which we will then respond to.

5)      If you would like to speak vocally during the meeting, please let Dixie know via the chat function.  We will then allocate you a microphone at an opportune time (there are only 3 virtual microphones so we can?t give them to all at once).  Your computer will ask you for permission for dim dim to access your microphone.  You should then be able to speak to the meeting by holding the microphone button down when you want to talk.  Once you have made your contribution, we will take the microphone back so we can allocate it to someone else.

6)      For more info, please see http://onlinehelp.dimdim.com/getstarted/JoinMeeting.html

Please note that this is the first time we?ve used the platform.  We apologise if there are any hiccups, or if the internet connection isn?t very good.

As always, feel free to make any comments/ask questions.

Looking forward to seeing you in person or virtually on Sunday!

All the best,
Lisa