[IRP] R: Fwd: [Expression] Googleblog: A new approach to China

Fiorello Cortiana f.cortiana
Tue Mar 23 12:23:50 EET 2010

Google is showing that the lien does not preclude the possibility ;-)

ciao

Fiorello

________________________________

Da: irp-bounces at lists.internetrightsandprinciples.org [mailto:irp-bounces at lists.internetrightsandprinciples.org] Per conto di Max Senges
Inviato: luned? 22 marzo 2010 22.10
A: irp; expression
Oggetto: [IRP] Fwd: [Expression] Googleblog: A new approach to China

Hi FoE & IRP peers

I certainly agree with Ben.  Rebecca wrote in a blogpost earlier today <http://rconversation.blogs.com/rconversation/2010/03/chinese-netizens-open-letter-to-the-chinese-government-and-google.html> :

"I'm also hearing from many people that the "Google China incident" - as many Chinese call it - has greatly heightened awareness among normally apolitical Chinese Internet users about the extent of Internet censorship in their country. It has sparked a lot of debate and soul searching about the extent to which their government is causing them to be isolated from the rest of the world."

I thing a debate about how to support this soul searching could be quite productive.

Best
Max