[IRP] Human Rights at the Regional IGFs

Dixie Hawtin Dixie
Wed Jun 2 16:16:45 EEST 2010

Hi everyone,

You may remember that at the IRP meeting in Geneva we discussed having rapporteurs at regional IGFs to report on the human rights discussions which take place. These reports will be consolidated into a global report to be presented at Vilnius. This is a really great opportunity to explore similarities and differences in human rights concerns across different regions.

I have written a report on Eurodig, and reporting guidelines for the rapporteurs at other events. Please find both of these documents attached and let me know if you have any comments or suggestions.

We are now looking for rapporteurs for the other regional events.

*         Asia Pacific Regional IGF Hong Kong, June 14 - 16 2010

We have identified a rapporteur for this event (Margiyono from MAKSI, an Indonesian coalition working to promote democracy in internet governance) but if anyone else is attending and would like to help out, that would be great!

*         East Africa IGF Kampala, Uganda, July 26 - 28 2010

I think Natasha mentioned that some APC members will be attending this conference. Will someone volunteer to act as rapporteur?

*         Latin America and Caribbean IGF Rio de Janeiro, Brazil, August 11 - 13 2010

Marilia - are you still happy to be the rapporteur for this IGF?

I look forward to hearing from you!
Dixie

Dixie Hawtin
Researcher Global Partners and Associates
338 City Road, London, EC1V 2PY, UK
Office: + 44 207 239 8251     Mobile: +44 7769 181 556
dixie at global-partners.co.uk<mailto:lisa at global-partners.co.uk>  www.global-partners.co.uk<http://www.global-partners.co.uk/>