[IRP] R: Fwd: [governance] Brazilian Internet Principles

Fouad Bajwa fouadbajwa
Tue Feb 16 01:02:03 EET 2010

Wow Carlos, you guys are so lucky that things are so well communicated
between the grassroots to the top level. I would really like to learn
how your region was able to evolve this multistakeholder approach and
achieve this important change.

On Mon, Feb 15, 2010 at 4:53 PM, Carlos A. Afonso <ca at cafonso.ca> wrote:
> Yes, as the text header says, CGI.br has formally approved them as
> guiding principles for its decisions and recommendations. They are now
> being used as a reference for an attempt to approve a set of national
> guidelines and regulations ("marco civil") for the Internet in Brasil --
> a process of open consultations coordinated by the Ministry of Justice.
>
> fraternal regards
>
> --c.a.
>
> Fiorello Cortiana wrote:
>> Well done Carlos :-)
>> only one question: are these Priciples already approved? If yes: by who?
>>
>> ciao
>>
>> Fiorello
>>
>> ________________________________

Regards.
Fouad Bajwa
Internet Governance Advisor
ICT4D Social Practitioner & Researcher
Member Multistakeholder Advisory Group (IGF)
Member Civil Society Internet Governance Caucus (IGC)
My Blog: Internet's Governance: http://internetsgovernance.blogspot.com/
Follow my Tweets: http://twitter.com/fouadbajwa
MAG Interview: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ATVDW1tDZzA