[IRP] Monthly meeting notes
Thu Feb 4 11:50:08 EET 2010
In the end it was just me and Olivier on the call. Sorry if others
intended to join but were unable due to timings/short notice.
If there's interest in organising another call next week I'm happy to do
so. Otherwise let's leave it until next month (March 4th). Let me know.
Just some quick notes to update you:
a)Work plan and work areas.
If anyone has any ideas for what the coalition could do and for
contributing over the next year, do send them through to the list.
b)Update on initiatives:
- Charter process
- I had a conference call with the experts this week, and they are ready
to start their work. I'll post the final version of the draft charter
and the expert group terms of reference on the website.
- We've had confirmation from Andrew Rens (South Africa) and Roberto
Saba (Argentina) to join the group. We're still looking for a human
rights expert from Asia - please send through ideas.
- The IRP consultation meeting with the experts on the charter will be
on Sunday May 9th, the day before the IGF open consultations in Geneva.
Please put the date in your diaries! There will be remote
participation. People are also encouraged to outreach and consult
people on the charter at other events/on an ongoing basis.
- I'm happy to act as a liaison point between the experts and the IRP.
We'll speak at least once a month, and I can feed back to the coalition.
However, if others would like to be involved, please do let me know.
- Regional IGF workshops
- The agenda for Eurodig has been published, and it doesn't
look like we were successful in securing a workshop on human rights.
@Lee - could you update us on that?
- It would still be good to hold as many rights workshops as we
can at other regional IGFs and/or consult on the charter. Regional
volunteers needed for this! @Carlos - are you still happy to coordinate
in Latin America?
c) IGF Open Consultations
- They're happening next Tuesday. I'll be there, so would be
good to hook up with anyone else who is there. I'll try and read out
relevant bits of the statement we contributed...if anyone wants me to
say something specific let me know!
- As always, feel free to share info, news and
ideas on the list!
All the best,
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
More information about the IRP