[IRP] Charter Process

Lisa Horner LisaH
Thu Aug 19 19:58:21 EEST 2010

Hi all

Firstly, a big thank you to everyone who has submitted comments and who joined the conference call today.  I'm really excited about the level of engagement in the process, and think the comments and discussions have been tremendously productive so far.

As discussed, I have collated and posted all of the comments we have received on a Google document here:
https://docs.google.com/document/edit?id=1Bkij1k1LnhVOc0OifXeokHVxAp2sOnzNMcjnfJP7z9Y&hl=en&authkey=CL7L-qsN

You can add to the list of comments here, but please don't edit the text that is there.  These are simply copied and pasted from people's emails so it's not appropriate to edit their comments!  *Please clearly mark any additional comments you make on the google doc by highlighting them in a different colour* You can also continue to submit comments by email and I'll do my best to collate.

Wolfgang is particularly interested in comments regarding any rights or principles that are missing, and about any duplications.  RE Anja's question about the right time to submit suggestions for small edits...the time is now!

We agreed to have comments open until Friday.  Wolfgang will then start work to see what can be incorporated into the Charter.  He has agreed to incorporate those comments that are fairly straightforward or around which there is consensus.  More contentious or difficult points will be highlighted for further discussion and consultation.  We will then have a "final first draft" by the end of the month.

Wolfgang - please clearly mark in the new draft where changes have been made to make it easy for people to see.  Maybe you could also write the coalition an email to explain what comments you have/have not been able to take on board and why.

We have a recording of the call - let me know if you'd like the link to listen.

Thanks again for all of your inputs and engagement, and to Wolfgang for driving this forwards.

All the best,
Lisa
Lisa Horner
Head of Research & Policy  Global Partners and Associates
338 City Road, London, EC1V 2PY, UK
Office: + 44 207 239 8251     Mobile: +44 7867 795859
LisaH at global-partners.co.uk<mailto:lisah at global-partners.co.uk>  www.global-partners.co.uk<http://www.global-partners.co.uk/>