[IRP] FW: Charter of Human Rights and Principles for the Internet

Anriette Esterhuysen anriette
Tue Aug 17 18:21:26 EEST 2010

Dear Lisa and others

I have been meaning to ask why the language 'Digital divide' was
introduced. We never used it in the APC IR Charter.

As Michael points out, the term digital inclusion has been preferred by
most organisations working in developing countries for the last 10
years.

Michael's language is perhaps a bit long.. but I think it contains
important points so forms a good basis.

The challenge with the term digital inclusion is that it relates to so
many different rights but accessibility and affordability are
fundamental

Best

Anriette

On Tue, 2010-08-17 at 15:53 +0100, Lisa Horner wrote:
> Hi all
>

> Please see salient comments below from Michael concerning digital
> inclusion.
>

> Looking forward to conference call to discuss all comments this
> Thursday 19th at 15.00 UK/16.00 CET.  Please could you let me know if
> you are planning to join?  Please also try to submit all comments in
> writing by the end of tomorrow (Wednesday) so that we can collate them
> and discuss them systematically during the call.
>

> All the best,
>
> Lisa

anriette esterhuysen - ?executive director
association for progressive communications
p o box 29755 melville - south africa 2109
anriette at apc.org - tel/fax + 27 11 726 1692
http://www.apc.org

APC 1990-2010 www.apc.org
Thank you for helping make APC what it is today!
?Gracias por hacer de APC lo que es hoy!
Merci d'avoir contribu? ? faire d'APC ce qu'elle est aujourd'hui!