[IRP] Conference call: Thursday 19th August, 4pm CET

parminder parminder
Thu Aug 12 18:55:50 EEST 2010

Thanks for your response, Lisa.

On using the term 'users' or 'Internet users', I have two issues

One, the rights that we speak of here extend even to those who may not
directly use the Internet, but can , mostly are, affected by it.

Secondly, in the universe of terms describing human beings as social
actors, the term 'user' has been added from the technology side to the
existing terms like consumer and citizen. It is obvious that the term
that we choose to use among all these has important overall
implications. What I dont like about the term 'user' in social discourse
is that use of this term seeks to define human beings in relation to
technology rather vice versa.

Thanks

Parminder