[IRP] Anonymity On The Internet

Ian Peter ian.peter
Thu Aug 12 02:03:35 EEST 2010

I don't think the anonymity argument is straight forward.

At the centre of spam and a lot of cybercrime is the ease with which one can
pretent to be someone else on the internet. Particularly in the area of on
line commerce and banking, I would like to know that who I am dealing with
is who they claim to be. That's difficult if we protect anonymity as some
sort of right.

If anonymity is a right, it is a lot easier to pretend to be someone else.

Ian Peter