[IRP] [Charter] of Human Rights and Principles on the Internet Kick-Off - We need YOU to contribute!

Max Senges maxsenges
Sun Sep 20 21:21:11 EEST 2009

Dear all

As discussed during our IRP workshop last sunday Anriette, Lisa and myself
have developed an initial structure for the update/redevelopment of the
Internet Rights Charter. We copied from the APC 2006 version and the UDHR,
and of course added some of our ideas @ http://irc.wiki.apc.org/

After quite some back and forward we finally agreed to first have a general
interpretation of the relevance of the UDHR Articles on the Internet and
then work out the Principles in a layer format.

Again the plan is to have the 2009 version ready for the IGF. I think we can
manage to substantially update and improve the Charter, but it is and should
continue to be a living and evolving document.

Looking forward to read your contributions
Max

Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful,
committed citizens can change the world.
Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has.

Dr. Max Senges
Chair Internet Rights and Principles Coalition

www.internetrightsandprinciples.org