[IRP] We Must Protect Net Neutrality in Europe! - Open letter to the European Parliament

Bodle, Robert Robert_Bodle
Fri Sep 18 18:27:30 EEST 2009

I think it totally fits the mission and vision of IRP, as far as I can tell - especially in how net neutrality supports information rights in terms of access and development "from the point of view of individual users."

I think IRP should totally sign it.

-r
From: irp-bounces at lists.internetrightsandprinciples.org [irp-bounces at lists.internetrightsandprinciples.org] On Behalf Of Max Senges [maxsenges at gmail.com]
Sent: Friday, September 18, 2009 10:42 AM
To: irp
Subject: [IRP] We Must Protect Net Neutrality in Europe! - Open letter to       the European Parliament

Hi folks

I believe it would be a good idea for us to sign the appeal of "La Quadrature du Net": "We Must Protect Net Neutrality1 in Europe! Organizations from all around Europe share their concern of seeing Net Neutrality being sacrificed during the conciliation procedure of the directives of the EU Telecoms Package. They sent this letter to the Members of the European Parliament, urging them to take decisive action in order to guarantee a free, open and innovative Internet, and to safeguard the fundamental freedoms of European citizens."

http://www.laquadrature.net/en/we-must-protect-net-neutrality-in-europe-open-letter-to-the-european-parliament

What do you think?

Best
Max

PS: Will work on the weekend to provide minutes from the workshop & (hopefully) KICK OFF THE COLLABOWRITING of the CHARTER of HUMAN RIGHTS and PRINCIPLES on the INTERNET