[IRP] Facebook question

Max Senges max
Tue Sep 15 15:39:15 EEST 2009

i replied the following - please correct me if i got it wrong:

Hi Auka - I am not a lawyer, but in my understanding the attempt of the
initiative was to "block" child-porn sites - the problems with the approach
are manifold, but one of the key criticisms is that it was originally
planned to be a "black list" which was not transparent to the public.
Effectively opening the possibility for wider censorship to take place.

http://www.facebook.com/internetrightsandprinciples

best
max