[IRP] An article by Jonathan Zittrain relevant to our work

Khaled Fattal khaledfattal
Fri May 1 13:45:42 EEST 2009

you are welcome,

If we only focus on what is achievable  (awareness only) in being realistic, the most we will accomplish is only  awareness. Not bad! but not good enough in my book based on the pending challenges ahead of us I laid in my previous emails.

This challenge I put not only to this group but to all stakeholders who will be impacted if change does not happen and very soon.

my cent and a half

khaled

From: Emily Laidlaw
Sent: Friday, May 01, 2009 11:05 AM
To: Khaled Fattal ; Bertrand de La Chapelle ; Max Senges
Cc: irp
Subject: RE: [IRP] An article by Jonathan Zittrain relevant to our work

Thanks Khaled. I thought I wasn't reading what you said quite right. And I do agree with you with respect to focussing on actionable results.  My work at the moment is the tricky arena of corporate social responsibility for democracy-related human rights such as freedom of expression and privacy, and though I wish to jump right into discussing these issues in depth, I might be inclined to agree with you that at this stage raising awareness is the more realistic, and achievable, goal.

Cheers,

Emily