[IRP] IRP Digest, Vol 11, Issue 28

Fouad Bajwa fouadbajwa
Sun Dec 20 00:47:41 EET 2009

Congratulations All of You!

I wish you all a successful tenure and extend my appreciation for the
variety of candidates nominated. This is indeed a very strong group
and it will be great working with all of you.

A small point of concern Max where you shared in your first message in
this thread that:
>> (4) I propose that we setup a separate steering committee mailing-list which
>> all SC members give high priority when dealing with their email. We all know
>> that email traffic can be overwhelming and to have a method to quickly
>> discuss and decide on a time-critical matter (e.g. whether or not to endorse
>> an appeal or other document) would be very helpful.

I would recommend not to include "separate SC mailing-list" or
"separate" anything and I would like to quote the IGC as an example.
Everything must happen in an open and democratic manner. Even
governance of the group should be open and in a single space as this
is where everyone has been meeting. Why should that be done when
everything has been shared transparently with a great deal of amazing
consensus and collaboration? All those elected are also equal to all
the members on the list and governance of the DC should be open and
transparent and in front of everyone despite there is an elected
steering committee.

--
Regards.