[IRP] quite questionable decisions in the domain dispute court

Hanane Boujemi hananeb
Sat Dec 12 08:53:20 EET 2009

Greed for more business opportunities is not only restricted to corporations, it seems that some registrars as well are using tricky procedures to convince big companies have their trademarks registered. A case I came accros two days ago when a CEO of a company in Cyberjaya, Malaysia complained that he is spammed by a registrar in China claiming that some other parties based in China applied to regsiter his company's trademark in and it was not true, it was just a trick to make him register his Trademark in .cn... Such practices poses big question marks if such attemps are legal.

Hanane
  ----- Original Message -----
  From: Max Senges
  To: irp
  Sent: Friday, December 11, 2009 11:41 AM
  Subject: [IRP] quite questionable decisions in the domain dispute court

  Hi IRPlers
  just received the following post:

  Hi we met during the icann meeting in mexico, and as i recall you were interested in registrants rights.
  That is why i write you: in denmark we have had some quite questionable decisions in the domain dispute court.

  Some private registrants have lost their domain with no reason other than a company wanted it.

  The disputecourt favored the company and some of us quite afraid that this will be the future here.

  here is a link with an explanation.
  http://www.noervig.dk/?p=16
  Check on twitter + facebook too if you feel like it.

  I was thinking that you might know some people who might be interested in this matter.

  Best regards

  Anders Gammelmark

  --

  "The future is here. It?s just not widely distributed yet."
  ?William Gibson

  Max Senges
  Berlin

  www.maxsenges.com