[IRP] Fw: The Internet Ecosystem

K Fattal khaledfattal
Fri Aug 14 11:43:26 EEST 2009

Olivier,

I agree,

khaled

From: Olivier MJ Crepin-Leblond
Sent: Thursday, August 13, 2009 6:18 PM
To: IRP at lists.internetrightsandprinciples.org
Subject: [IRP] Fw: The Internet Ecosystem

At our conference call, I mentioned the "Internet Ecosystem", a concept that ISOC supported earlier this year at the WTPF in Lisbon.

I like the concept of showing a multi-stakeholder model in such a way, and thought you might be interested if I share it with you - it is therefore enclosed as an attachment.

I think that if we wish to support Internet Rights and Principles, we need to support an all-including, grassroots bottom-up  multistakeholder model such as the one pictured in the diagram. I also think that *both* basic Internet rights but also the Internet Ecosystem model are under threat, so we really need to be vigilant and aware of this.

Kind regards,

Olivier

--
Olivier MJ Cr?pin-Leblond, PhD