[IRP] our proposals for events @ IGF09

Lisa Horner lisa
Tue Apr 21 15:10:17 EEST 2009

Thanks again for all of the comments.  I'm going to submit the proposal
now, taking values out (see below).  Looking forward to continued
discussion and work on this.

All the best,
Lisa

Human rights and principles in internet governance: Practical steps
forwards.

This workshop will examine practical strategies for incorporating human
rights standards into internet governance processes and policies.
Building on the commitment and momentum generated amongst different
stakeholders at the IGF 2008 workshop, Mainstreaming Human Rights in
Internet Governance, this workshop will help individuals and internet
governance organisations to take practical steps to protect and expand
universal human rights within their work and activities.

The workshop will provide an update on the progress made by different
initiatives throughout the year, and explore challenges and
opportunities for their continuation and expansion.  Discussion will be
rooted in specific contexts and case study material in order to develop
practical strategies and solutions rather than only theoretical debate.
The workshop will be highly interactive, inviting audience members to
feed in their experiences and ideas.  It will provide a space for
furthering understanding about human rights and internet governance, and
for fostering collaboration between stakeholders from the business,
civil society and government sectors to address critical issues.