[IRP] IGF review

Max Senges maxsenges
Thu Apr 16 11:05:07 EEST 2009

Hi everybody

i'll send some notes/results from our meeting later. But one point i wanted
to put out urgently is the contribution to the IGF review. Below are the
questions from the questionaire - if someone could please take the lead and
suggest/draft some answers:

Questions:

1. To what extent has the IGF addressed the mandate set out for it in the Tunis
Agenda <http://www.itu.int/wsis/docs2/tunis/off/6rev1.html>?

2. To what extent has the IGF embodied the WSIS
principles<http://www.itu.int/wsis/docs/geneva/official/dop.html>
?

3. What has the impact of the IGF been in direct or indirect terms? Has it
impacted you or your stakeholder group/institution/government? Has it acted
as a catalyst for change?

4. How effective are IGF processes in addressing the tasks set out for it,
including the functioning of the Multistakeholder Advisory Group (MAG),
Secretariat and open consultations?

5. Is it desirable to continue the IGF past its initial five-year mandate,
and why/why not?

6. If the continuation of the Forum is recommended, what improvements would
you suggest in terms of its working methods, functioning and processes?

7. Do you have any other comments?

Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful,
committed citizens can change the world.
Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has.

Dr. Max Senges
Chair Internet Rights and Principles Coalition

www.internetrightsandprinciples.org